50 C.F.R. § 86.20   What activities are eligible for funding?

Title 50 - Wildlife and Fisheries

Title 50: Wildlife and Fisheries
Subpart B—Funding State Grant Proposals

Browse Next

§ 86.20   What activities are eligible for funding?

Your project is eligible for funding if you propose to:

(a) Construct, renovate, and maintain either publicly or privately owned boating infrastructure tie-up facilities. To be eligible you must:

(1) Build these tie-up facilities on navigable waters, available to the public. You must design new construction and renovations to last at least 20 years;

(2) Design these tie-up facilities for temporary use for transient nontrailerable recreational vessels;

(3) Build these tie-up facilities in water deep enough for nontrailerable recreational vessels to navigate (a minimum of 6 feet of depth at the lowest tide or other measure of lowest fluctuation);

(4) Provide security, safety, and service for these boats; and,

(5) Install a pumpout station, if you construct a facility for overnight stays:

(i) If there is already a pumpout within a reasonable distance (generally within 2 miles) of the facility, you may not need one;

(ii) For facilities intended as day stops, we encourage you to install a pumpout; and,

(iii) You may use funds from the BIG program, or the Clean Vessel Act pumpout grant program also administered by us, to pay for a pumpout station.

(b) Do one-time dredging only, to give transient vessels safe channel depths between the tie-up facility and maintained channels or open water.

(c) Install navigational aids, limited to giving transient vessels safe passage between the tie-up facility and maintained channels or open water.

(d) Apply funds to grant administration.

(e) Fund preliminary costs:

(1) Preliminary costs may include any of the following activities completed before signing a grant agreement:

(i) Conducting appraisals;

(ii) Administering environmental reviews and permitting;

(iii) Conducting technical feasibility studies, for example, studies about environmental, economic, and construction engineering concerns;

(iv) Carrying out site surveys and engaging in site planning;

(v) Preparing cost estimates; and

(vi) Preparing working drawings, construction plans, and specifications.

(2) We will fund preliminary costs only if we approve the project.

(3) If the project is approved, the appropriate Service Regional Director must still approve preliminary costs.

(f) Produce information and education materials such as charts, cruising guides, and brochures.

Browse Next


ChanRobles Legal Resources:

ChanRobles On-Line Bar Review

ChanRobles Internet Bar Review : www.chanroblesbar.com

ChanRobles MCLE On-line

ChanRobles Lawnet Inc. - ChanRobles MCLE On-line : www.chanroblesmcleonline.com