50 C.F.R. Subpart D—Funding Availability

Title 50 - Wildlife and Fisheries

Title 50: Wildlife and Fisheries

Browse Previous |  Browse Next

Subpart D—Funding Availability

§ 86.40   How much money is available for grants?

There is $32 million available for grants under the BIG program ($8 million per year for fiscal years 2000–2003).

§ 86.41   How long will the money be available?

Under the Act, funding for the BIG program is provided for FY 2000–2003. Each year's funds remain available for obligation for a total of three fiscal years (e.g. FY 2000 funds will remain available through FY 2002) (16 U.S.C. 777c(b)(3)(B)).

§ 86.42   What are the match requirements?

The Act authorizes the Secretary of the Interior (through the Director of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service)) to award grants to States to pay up to 75 percent of the cost to construct, renovate, or maintain tie-up facilities for transient nontrailerable recreational vessels. You or a partner must pay the remaining project cost—at least a 25 percent match is required. Title 43 CFR 12.64 applies to cost sharing or matching requirements for Federal grants.

§ 86.43   May someone else supply the match?

Third-party contribution, including property and in-kind services, is allowable, but must be necessary and reasonable to accomplish grant objectives. In-kind contributions must also represent the current market value of noncash contributions that the third party furnishes as part of the grant.

§ 86.44   What are my allowable costs?

(a) The State may spend grant funds to pay only costs that are necessary and reasonable to accomplish the approved grant objectives. Grant costs must meet the applicable Federal cost principles in 43 CFR 12.62. You may purchase informational and program signs as allowable costs.

(b) If you include purposes other than those eligible under the Act, you must prorate the costs equitably according to Federal cost principles in 43 CFR 12.62 and 50 CFR 80.15.

§ 86.45   When will I receive the funds?

Once you sign the grant agreement, we will make the funds available.

Browse Previous |  Browse Next


ChanRobles Legal Resources:

ChanRobles On-Line Bar Review

ChanRobles Internet Bar Review : www.chanroblesbar.com

ChanRobles MCLE On-line

ChanRobles Lawnet Inc. - ChanRobles MCLE On-line : www.chanroblesmcleonline.com